Sunday 2 February 2014

Chicken and Quinoa Stew

I saw this recipe somewhere online, but forgot to bookmark it and now I can't find the same one, so this is my own version. I think the original included aubergine which I'm not too keen on, so I used courgette.

Ingredients (serves 1)
1 small chicken breast, cubed
35g dry quinoa
1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 courgette, sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sweet chilli sauce

* heat a little oil in a pan and saute the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes
* add the chicken and fry until browned
* add the other veg, tomatoes, quinoa and herbs/spices. Add some water, cover and cook for around 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked through.


Nutritional info (calculated using the recipe builder on www.myfitnesspal.com)

Calories: 442, Carbs: 57g, Fat: 3g, Protein: 32g

No comments:

Post a Comment