Thursday 1 August 2013

Eggy bread/French toast

Never understood the name 'french toast' considering you fry it, and it's always been called eggy bread in my family.

The rest of my family always insist this should be a savoury dish and they eat it with plenty of ketchup. I think they're wrong and always have it sweet. Maybe this is because I worked at a summer camp in the US when I was 19 and we had French toast with maple syrup for breakfast a couple of times a week.

Ingredients (serves 1)

1 egg

Splash of milk

Large pinch of cinnamon

1 1/2 slices bread


* crack the egg into a flattish dish, add the milk and cinnamon and beat together

* place the bread into the egg mix and let it soak in, turning when necessary

* heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the bread until golden brown

I like it with golden syrup and sliced banana. Mmm...

1 comment: